2009年1月12日 星期一

新的鞘翅目討論群組 [轉載自Taxacom]

Dear colleague,

yes, I have just created a new group: Coleoptera group on Google. And I'm just sending invitations to all who could be interested in coleoptera / beetles.

To join, please go to; www.coleoptera.org and click on link to "join discussion board" , than follow the instructions.
I have joined eGroups in 1999 and created the coleoptera discussion board; the group slowly grew and we have had very good discussions and postings about beetles, environment etc.and a few years later the egroups company was swallowed by Yahoo and still works well with no problem.

All was well until 2008 when we had 1800 members from all around the world.

Around February 2008 Yahoo suddenly terminated my account (Vratislav@yahoo.com) and I was not able to control the
coleoptera@groups.yahoo.com and also to receive any email from the group and 1 month later Yahoo terminated my coleoptera group. I have tried to correspond with Yahoo but I haven't had any success. All replies from Yahoo were stereotyped in a sense that Yahoo can terminate any account without explanation.

This year I have started a new group on domeus, but I have a feeling that the setting of this website is not very good, therefore today I created a new group.

Regards

Vratislav
University of Sydney
The Wentworth Bldg., B 62
NSW 2006
AUSTRALIA
phone : +61 414 540 465
email: vratislav@bigfoot.com